What If Your Ex Doesn’t Follow Your Utah Divorce Decree
A divorce decree is a set of rules that you and your ex have agreed on (or a judge has decided) or are going to govern every aspect of your dealings post-divorce.
Here are four things you should do if your ex doesn’t follow the divorce decree:
- Know your Decree
- Make sure you know your decree before accusing your ex of not following it. Read through your divorce degree and make sure you’re abiding by all of the rules the judge laid out.
- Document and act now
- Documentation can paint a picture of your ex’s overall behavior and your attempts to get him or her to do the right thing.
- Get an attorney, streamline process, award attorney fees
- If you present an attorney with facts or evidence about how your ex has failed to comply with your divorce decree, they can evaluate what a judge is likely to do based on the facts, and take action accordingly.
- Make sure your hands are clean
Join JR Law Group each Friday as we feature a new video covering different aspects of Divorce and Family Law. Topics range from initial divorce proceedings, to child support and child custody, marital estate and asset distribution, alimony, adoption and more.
JR Law Group is a Salt Lake City based firm specializing in Divorce and Family Law. To schedule a consultation or find out more, please contact us: (385) 770-7451
Disclaimer – This video is intended for informational purposes only. Nothing in this video is to be considered as either creating an attorney-client relationship between the viewer and JR Law Group or as rendering of legal advice for any specific matter. Viewers are responsible for obtaining such advice from their own legal counsel. No viewer should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any information contained in the video or on JR Law Group’s Website without seeking appropriate legal or other professional advice on the particular facts and circumstances at issue.
You may also be interested in…
Divorce can be a very frightening thing, especially for women. Jaclyn Robertson with JR Law Group, Utah Family Law Attorney, joined us to share the four things women should know about divorce.First Jaclyn said, is half the marital estate is yours,...
https://youtu.be/gF9anyi25LMJaclyn Robertson, with JR Law Group, was on to tell us about the 4 most common divorce myths.Divorce harms the childrenDivorce equals failureI’m going to lose everythingThe mother always gets full custody of the...
https://youtu.be/7r_t4S7d9IoOnce you have made up your mind to get a divorce from your spouse, the next steps can be extremely overwhelming. You’ll be wondering what to do first, who to ask for help, what materials to gather.Jaclyn Robertson from...